lordonuthin
Mar 5, 06:22 PM
this is for F@H right? im keen to start up with my numerous amounts of computers.
where do i start? everything is all console based :(
oh wait its an installer thingo.. it wants a key hekp1
You can start here (http://folding.stanford.edu/), ask questions if you need any help or faster - google your question. It's a learning process but most people don't have any problems. AND thanks for joining the team (3446) that is.
Remember to set the machines so they don't sleep ... :p
where do i start? everything is all console based :(
oh wait its an installer thingo.. it wants a key hekp1
You can start here (http://folding.stanford.edu/), ask questions if you need any help or faster - google your question. It's a learning process but most people don't have any problems. AND thanks for joining the team (3446) that is.
Remember to set the machines so they don't sleep ... :p
mogwia
Oct 24, 06:25 AM
america down too!! JEEEEEE :) :confused: :eek:
Thirdeye9
Apr 11, 09:18 AM
All this discussion is apple's cap of tea for :) because we don't speculate if there is any mp3 player better than classic ipod. The only enemy of apple is apple.
I have now big problem, because i ve got Nokia C7, which has everything i would like from ipod touch, but ipod classic is not a really good choice for me... the only thing i apreciate in it is an enormous hdd, but due to its communicating only via itunes - i can't use it for different files than multimedia. If i could store there other files i would buy it. So i hope Apple will release new model with OS which will solve the problem :)
I have now big problem, because i ve got Nokia C7, which has everything i would like from ipod touch, but ipod classic is not a really good choice for me... the only thing i apreciate in it is an enormous hdd, but due to its communicating only via itunes - i can't use it for different files than multimedia. If i could store there other files i would buy it. So i hope Apple will release new model with OS which will solve the problem :)
amarcus
Jun 22, 12:00 PM
Then what was the point in the iPad?
mambodancer
Jul 18, 10:18 PM
I think you are confusing the term HD in various context.
A movie file (computer file) can be in HD resolution (1280x720 or 1920x1080) encoded in a variety of formats (MPEG2, MPEG4-H.264 aka AVC, Microsoft VC-1).
If the non-DRM'd file is available on your computer, you can view them using a variety of playback software such as Quicktime, Windows Media Player, VLC player, etc.
However, you rented HD-DVD. This is a physical media that requires a blu-laser based HD-DVD player to play it on. Currently only Toshiba sells such a player as a standalone player HD-A1 I believe. They also have a high-end laptop with this player built-in. So, you need a HD-DVD readable drive to playback the HD-DVD disc you rented from Netflix.
What Apple is talking about is authoring HD disks. You can make HD movies using Final Cut Pro or even iMovie by importing a HD movie (probably in HDV format). Then create a DVD image of it that is capable of HD. I have not used this feature - so I don't know the details.
I would have preferred a way to burn H.264 based HD movies into a standard DVD (red laser based single or dual layer DVD) and play it back on a low cost player that can do H.264 decoding (including HD resolution). I guess a Mac Mini is one such beast ;-)
That's what I figured. I knew it was too much to hope that I could play HD-DVD's in my iMac without buying a stand alone player. Oh, well. Thanks for the reply.
A movie file (computer file) can be in HD resolution (1280x720 or 1920x1080) encoded in a variety of formats (MPEG2, MPEG4-H.264 aka AVC, Microsoft VC-1).
If the non-DRM'd file is available on your computer, you can view them using a variety of playback software such as Quicktime, Windows Media Player, VLC player, etc.
However, you rented HD-DVD. This is a physical media that requires a blu-laser based HD-DVD player to play it on. Currently only Toshiba sells such a player as a standalone player HD-A1 I believe. They also have a high-end laptop with this player built-in. So, you need a HD-DVD readable drive to playback the HD-DVD disc you rented from Netflix.
What Apple is talking about is authoring HD disks. You can make HD movies using Final Cut Pro or even iMovie by importing a HD movie (probably in HDV format). Then create a DVD image of it that is capable of HD. I have not used this feature - so I don't know the details.
I would have preferred a way to burn H.264 based HD movies into a standard DVD (red laser based single or dual layer DVD) and play it back on a low cost player that can do H.264 decoding (including HD resolution). I guess a Mac Mini is one such beast ;-)
That's what I figured. I knew it was too much to hope that I could play HD-DVD's in my iMac without buying a stand alone player. Oh, well. Thanks for the reply.

Lollypop
Aug 7, 12:40 AM
If I didn�t have to work this would feel like xmas morning!!! :D If apple are saying these things about leopard they must be very very confident, as much as I love tiger I would love to see Vista smashed into the ground, and apple can do it!
Last week I was hoping for a few new things, now with a lot of potential promise from leopard I will be fine with leopard, the new pros... and maybe the iphone! LOL
<side note... does anyone know how to attach excitement to a post, I can just do pics? :p >
Last week I was hoping for a few new things, now with a lot of potential promise from leopard I will be fine with leopard, the new pros... and maybe the iphone! LOL
<side note... does anyone know how to attach excitement to a post, I can just do pics? :p >
plinden
Jul 20, 04:55 PM
That's funny that is not what they told us when I worked for Aldus, although there was one time that we could not trade.
I think the blackout period is only for execs and VPs, most of the time.
Last company I worked for, there was a blackout period for everyone, but it was longer for executive and sales staff, or in fact for anyone who might have had detailed inside knowledge. For instance one colleague, a software engineer, shared an office for a few months with a sales manager, and during that time he had a longer blackout period than the rest of us because he might have overheard some insider information.
Also, we weren't allowed to short the company stock ... since that's kind of like athletes betting that their team will lose, and you might be tempted to release information that would tank the stock.
I think the blackout period is only for execs and VPs, most of the time.
Last company I worked for, there was a blackout period for everyone, but it was longer for executive and sales staff, or in fact for anyone who might have had detailed inside knowledge. For instance one colleague, a software engineer, shared an office for a few months with a sales manager, and during that time he had a longer blackout period than the rest of us because he might have overheard some insider information.
Also, we weren't allowed to short the company stock ... since that's kind of like athletes betting that their team will lose, and you might be tempted to release information that would tank the stock.

RaceTripper
Jan 22, 09:17 PM
They make racing and sport seats
Right, Recaro makes race and sports car buckets. I doubt they make a single baby seat. They are probably licensing their name to it.
Right, Recaro makes race and sports car buckets. I doubt they make a single baby seat. They are probably licensing their name to it.
1000masks
Jan 12, 03:02 AM
Im hoping for something out the box from Apple this year. Hopefully something with the touch input and lightweight. Even though I just performed surgery on my 12in Powerbook and replaced the hard drive it would be nice for something new. I dont think it will be called anything "Air" but who knows.

shawnce
Aug 29, 09:45 AM
Assuming the rumor is correct (really the core duo is just fine for such a machine at this point in time)... it may allow Apple to drop prices on the mini which not only makes it available to more potential switchers but makes a little more room in their product line up for a mini tower.
A mini tower in the 1000-1600 dollar range would allow us to buy Macs for developers (as a second system often) and QA folks since they can run Windows, Linux and Mac OS X natively. It would allow the maximum flexibility to our teams and at a price point that matches with the Dell crap desktops systems we currently purchase.
We would still of course purchase Mac Pros for the developers that need them the most (as a primary system) but a mini tower would easily double or triple what we would purchase.
The Mac mini does work in the space but it is just a little underpowered on the IO and expansion front to be fully useful as a secondary developer system.
A mini tower in the 1000-1600 dollar range would allow us to buy Macs for developers (as a second system often) and QA folks since they can run Windows, Linux and Mac OS X natively. It would allow the maximum flexibility to our teams and at a price point that matches with the Dell crap desktops systems we currently purchase.
We would still of course purchase Mac Pros for the developers that need them the most (as a primary system) but a mini tower would easily double or triple what we would purchase.
The Mac mini does work in the space but it is just a little underpowered on the IO and expansion front to be fully useful as a secondary developer system.
czeluff
Oct 23, 12:03 PM
In my opinion, there is a VERY good possibility of the Macbook Pros being updated tomorrow. Here's Why:
http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
If you look at the Macbook Pro's "last updated" section, you'll notice that it was April 24, 2006. Tomorrow will be October 24, exactly 6 month's difference. Coincidence? perhaps, but in my opinion if it's not tomorrow, it's not until late November.
Chad Z
http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
If you look at the Macbook Pro's "last updated" section, you'll notice that it was April 24, 2006. Tomorrow will be October 24, exactly 6 month's difference. Coincidence? perhaps, but in my opinion if it's not tomorrow, it's not until late November.
Chad Z
nagromme
Jun 22, 04:36 PM
Oh, you will always be able to run Xcode on a Mac. You'll just have to buy the developer subscription for a few thousand dollars per year in order to get it activated...
What Apple actions would lead you to believe that would ever happen? I don�t see the logic in such fears.
What Apple actions would lead you to believe that would ever happen? I don�t see the logic in such fears.

LagunaSol
Apr 2, 09:56 PM
I'll "believe" when they fix the currently unresolved and widespread quality control issues...light bleed on virtually every unit
Apparently "virtually every" doesn't mean what you think it means.
Apparently "virtually every" doesn't mean what you think it means.

Booga
Jul 18, 09:24 AM
In the music business, Apple has taken advantage of people's willingness to give up some sound quality (ie MP3 and AAC formats) in exchange for ease of use in buying and using the music. I don't expect the movie service to offer HD, at least not for most movies. I expect they'll do the same thing they did with music-- actually offer slightly LOWER resolution than DVD in exchange for a very convenient package.
That's how Apple got the music industry on-board, and it would offer a great story to the movie studios, who are constantly worried that the higher and higher quality formats mean they're "giving away their masters". Instead, people may be very willing to buy lower quality copies as long as it's extremely convenient.
That's how Apple got the music industry on-board, and it would offer a great story to the movie studios, who are constantly worried that the higher and higher quality formats mean they're "giving away their masters". Instead, people may be very willing to buy lower quality copies as long as it's extremely convenient.
geek143
Jan 13, 01:44 PM
The wireless implication is too hard to ignore.
How that may apply to products is to be seen.
Wireless IPOD connectivity..possible.
New I phone with less features..maybe.
Hope apple redoes the Nano, it is now a bloated form factor.
How that may apply to products is to be seen.
Wireless IPOD connectivity..possible.
New I phone with less features..maybe.
Hope apple redoes the Nano, it is now a bloated form factor.
DeSnousa
Apr 14, 02:26 AM
:eek: That much, what are modern computers pumping out these days! What would be producing the most points per day? I'm thinking about buying a graphics card just to fold on if that is the case :D
Also how do you find the GPU I have had to limit mine down to 70% as I find it interferes with the effects that Windows 7 does.
Also how do you find the GPU I have had to limit mine down to 70% as I find it interferes with the effects that Windows 7 does.

Luveno
Sep 1, 04:05 PM
If they did offer a 23" iMac, that would be their first "HD Ready" iMac. I was just about to buy a 20" ACD for my 20" iMac, because I needed more screen real estate, now I need to wait 2 weeks to see how i'm going to handle that, too. Bloody Hell :)

EHUnlucky7x9@ao
Apr 21, 11:32 AM
So...this guy Levinson...he spends all his time breaking down all the data and info in iOS...and then writes a book about all the locations of these files and how to manipulate them?....and he complains how people may easily get hacked?
Hmm... I'm missing something here...
How many everyday people will stop and dissect the software to create destruction and havoc? 99% of people in the world are too busy being self-absorbed and being on the move.

selena-gomez-justin-ieber
Hmm... I'm missing something here...
How many everyday people will stop and dissect the software to create destruction and havoc? 99% of people in the world are too busy being self-absorbed and being on the move.
jgould
Feb 22, 07:53 PM
I love the look of older apple tech still in use. It's a good reminder that you don't need to constantly update with every single product refresh. Helps that it's stylish too :cool:
I agree with this statement. I was using a White MacBook from 2006 until Sunday when I upgraded because 2GB of RAM just wasn't cutting it any more. With the new MBP, I'll be set for a while.
I agree with this statement. I was using a White MacBook from 2006 until Sunday when I upgraded because 2GB of RAM just wasn't cutting it any more. With the new MBP, I'll be set for a while.
DanChosich
Oct 23, 04:12 PM
Unless the new MBPs are shipping tomorrow..:rolleyes:
I know you will see that I've never posted before, so anything I say will probably be taken with a grain of salt. I don't blame you for not believing me, every Tuesday I am let down with all of you. If I am lying you can ban me from this forum, for whatever it's worth, I promise what I'm telling you is the truth. I see you guys are as antsy as I am about this update.
I know a person that works at an Apple Store as an inventory control specialist - I asked him back in July to tell me before hand if he knew when the Merom MacBook Pro was coming out. Today I got a text message from him saying, "(dan's) laptop might be coming out tomorrow." However, he thinks it's only a 15''.
Something is definitely planned to come out tomorrow. I know it's not concrete, but it gives me hope. I figured I would share.
I'm hoping he is wrong about the 15'' thing, I wanted a 17''. Either way, I'll take what I can get. I've been waitng too long.
I know you will see that I've never posted before, so anything I say will probably be taken with a grain of salt. I don't blame you for not believing me, every Tuesday I am let down with all of you. If I am lying you can ban me from this forum, for whatever it's worth, I promise what I'm telling you is the truth. I see you guys are as antsy as I am about this update.
I know a person that works at an Apple Store as an inventory control specialist - I asked him back in July to tell me before hand if he knew when the Merom MacBook Pro was coming out. Today I got a text message from him saying, "(dan's) laptop might be coming out tomorrow." However, he thinks it's only a 15''.
Something is definitely planned to come out tomorrow. I know it's not concrete, but it gives me hope. I figured I would share.
I'm hoping he is wrong about the 15'' thing, I wanted a 17''. Either way, I'll take what I can get. I've been waitng too long.
iStudentUK
Mar 22, 01:46 PM
The problem is there are some people that cannot see the evidence in front of them.
You can have an intelligent debate with someone about some contentious issue such as abortion, animal experiments, death penalty etc because there are intelligent arguments to argue both sides. People obviously have different opinions, but I can recognise the merits of the arguments made by those who disagree with me.
This, however, it not one of those topics. Things like homosexuality as a choice, creationism, astrology are not unknowns. There is evidence- scientists don't seriously research astrology because the evidence is in! Some people will still believe in these things through faith or whatever else. [Not that I understand it- if God himself came down now and told me he was real and I should be anti-gay rights I'd just tell him to shove it!]
What we can say is that homosexuals do seem to be getting more and more rights, which is great. I was so happy to see civil partnerships introduced here a few years ago, and I hope it will be 're-branded' as marriage eventually. We don't need everyone to agree to make progress, and there will always be people behind the times, but with any luck anti-homosxual views will become more and more unacceptable in civilised society.
You can have an intelligent debate with someone about some contentious issue such as abortion, animal experiments, death penalty etc because there are intelligent arguments to argue both sides. People obviously have different opinions, but I can recognise the merits of the arguments made by those who disagree with me.
This, however, it not one of those topics. Things like homosexuality as a choice, creationism, astrology are not unknowns. There is evidence- scientists don't seriously research astrology because the evidence is in! Some people will still believe in these things through faith or whatever else. [Not that I understand it- if God himself came down now and told me he was real and I should be anti-gay rights I'd just tell him to shove it!]
What we can say is that homosexuals do seem to be getting more and more rights, which is great. I was so happy to see civil partnerships introduced here a few years ago, and I hope it will be 're-branded' as marriage eventually. We don't need everyone to agree to make progress, and there will always be people behind the times, but with any luck anti-homosxual views will become more and more unacceptable in civilised society.
AvSRoCkCO1067
Aug 16, 04:19 PM
iPods were pretty popular and quite a money maker when only US customers could get them and, later, when only US customers could buy online if memory serves...
As are the iTunes Television Offerings...
As are the iTunes Television Offerings...
JoeG4
Jan 10, 08:55 PM
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_zZDRx0MKYqE/TSu-x0eQu1I/AAAAAAAAA64/_d8vR0gg4C4/s800/TheCar%20026.JPG
Still fantastic. :D And gorgeous!
Still fantastic. :D And gorgeous!
Chundles
Aug 7, 03:31 AM
An image of the new iPhone just came out! I can't reveal the source I got it from, but you have to trust me, this is the real deal!
OMG!!
Dat iz teh secks!!
OMG!!
Dat iz teh secks!!
No comments:
Post a Comment